Main Role & Responsibilities:
- To develop software ensuring that the design and development are carried out as efficiently as possible with high quality output.
- Ensure that the developments meet the technical output requirements and applicable standards including test coverage.
- To work closely with the senior developers, technical architects and the Project Manager to ensure that the software meets delivery time frames and architectural vision.
- Good understanding of relevant technical skills, coupled with desire to be involved with defining technical standards and best practices for the development team
- Understand and seek to understand further the business requirements.
- Work cooperatively with user experience designers where appropriate.
- Support QA testers and amend defects throughout the project lifecycle
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic Requirements (Essential): Good Computer Science degree or similar.
Work Experience+ Basic Requirements (Essential):
- Has worked in a similar environment.
- Strong core Java 7, 8
- Proficient with Java EE 6 server side API's, EJB3, JMS, JPA, Hibernate.
- Expertise with XML, Xpath, XSLT, XML Schema, Spring
- Understanding of development best practice, OOA, design patterns, GoF, MVC, etc
- Proficient database design; Oracle MS SQL Server, SQL
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Lean), JUnit, TestNG
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
- RESTful API's, JBoss EAP 6
- Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JBOSS AS/Tomcat
- Apache MyFaces (CODI)
- Basic Requirements (Essential): Good verbal and written English.