Database Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Analysis database performance reports
- Ability to provide efficient solution.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Coordinate with architects and developers to provide solution and validate the database queries.
- Develop processes for database optimization.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Assisting in database design
- Updating and amending existing databases
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus